Director/Sr. Director, SEC Reporting (FIN-1030)
AN2 Therapeutics, Inc. (AN2) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel anti-infective medicines for patients with rare, chronic infectious diseases – including global and neglected tropical diseases – that have significant unmet medical needs for new therapies. Founded by a team of experienced industry leaders in infectious diseases drug research and development, we strive to provide patients with treatments that will restore their health and enable them to live productive lives. AN2 is a mission-driven company with a passion for improving global public health and a vision to accelerate development of novel medicines to treat serious infectious diseases and save lives worldwide. We believe our company thrives when all employees share this mission.
- This position's primary role will be to lead the Company's SEC reporting process and to conduct research on various technical accounting matters that could impact the Company's financial statements
- Manage external SEC financial reporting and filing process, including drafting of financial statements, equity roll forward, EPS calculation, footnotes and MD&A, completing SEC and GAAP checklists as well as maintaining and reviewing XBRL tagging
- Lead the coordination and preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10- K) press releases, and other current reports (8-K) as needed
- Work with various personnel and departments and external auditors to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files for all disclosures; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires
- Provide training, mentoring and participation in all aspects of external public company reporting so as to allow the Assistant Controller to become proficient in this area
- Manage accounting for stock-based compensation for compliance with ASC 718, including valuation and stock-based compensation expenses journal entries
- Maintain quarterly reporting timetable and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones
- Lead technical accounting research and documentation of new accounting guidance, policies and procedures, specifically as it relates to high interest areas like revenue accounting, stock-based compensation, leases, and equity
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Assist with the establishment, documentation, and maintenance of company accounting policies
- Assist with month-end close, including clinical trial accruals, and financial statement review and preparation processes
- Interact and support external auditors, internal/external SEC counsel and legal advisors
- Participate in special projects, improve processes and assist with documentation and compliance with SOX
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related fields
- CPA required
- Total of at least 8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Biotechnology industry experience strongly preferred
- Candidate must have direct experience with SEC reporting (Regulation S-X and S-K) and preparation of financial statements and footnotes of public companies
- Strong work ethic with good judgment, initiative and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions, with support from technical accounting consultants as needed
- Strong US GAAP acumen and understanding of financial reporting (SEC, 10-K, 10-Q, proxys)
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills and the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and bring projects to completion
- The ability to sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment, maintain composure and focus under pressure and deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions, and excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
AN2 anticipates that the annual base salary for this position could range from between $198,000 to $246,000 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s credentials for the role, including education, qualifications, and type as well as length of experience. Any offered salary is also based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, and the position’s wage range. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in a performance-based bonus and stock programs, various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, disability, life insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation.
By joining our small, highly dedicated and motivated team, you will experience a culture that is inclusive, supportive, and humble, yet challenging. We set our egos aside to collaborate for the benefit of the team, and most importantly, the patients in need of new therapeutic options. AN2 is a company with a passion for improving global public health. We approach our business using a double bottom line strategy – with the intention of a fiscal and social return - this is reflected in our Core Values and is the foundation of our company’s culture. We employ the industry’s best to create a corporate culture that is fun, humble, respectful, and fulfilling, and where employees feel that they are making a difference and feel inspired to bring their passion to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our open positions are managed through our Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies, in advance of a specified agreement, will not be accepted. Resumes sent directly to our employees or our consultants from recruiting organizations will also not be accepted as referrals and do not obligate us to pay fees.
Please send your resume to careers@AN2Therapeutics.com and include the job title and FIN-1030 number in the subject.
* AN2 Therapeutics is based in Menlo Park, CA, and employees are currently working a hybrid schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic.