Director/Sr Director, Human Resources (HR-1044)
We are looking for a Director/Sr Director, Human Resources who can strike the right balance between being a strategic partner and having a roll-up your sleeves attitude to support our leaders, teams and employees. This person will be an effective coach and influencer who can build strong relationships, provide expert advice to help develop our talent and drive business objectives, and be responsible for day-to-day HR operations, while maintaining the strong corporate culture.
At AN2, our people and culture are part of what makes us exceptional. We work hard to help create a thoughtful environment and experience for our people so they can excel and be excited about the work they’re doing every day. This person will head AN2’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Social Responsibility Programs and lead employee engagement to support these important causes. It is our priority to maintain and grow our thriving culture as we continue to scale. This role supports the executive team and will have the opportunity to manage all aspects of HR strategy and operations.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to create a strong, cross-functional team to solve business problems and execute on corporate-wide initiatives.
- Lead the performance review process, including evaluating and implementing improvements to current performance management tools. Develop a holistic employee development program to guide and develop internal talent.
- Conduct compensation reviews and present proposals to senior management and Board committees. Participate in compensation surveys.
- Manage benefits programs, annual benefits renewal, and open enrollment.
- Implement and maintain company policies and procedures, including updating employee handbook and employee communications.
- Ensure compliance with various Federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience and strategic, future-focused hiring. Manage employee onboarding and off-boarding.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g. performance management, rewards, separations, conflict management, change management, etc.).
- Develop compelling pathways and events to increase employee engagement in a primarily remote WFH environment
- Be a champion of our core values and help employees integrate these behaviors into their day-to-day decisions.
- Analyze employee data, understand trends, and develop proactive solutions to further support business objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related equivalent experience; PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification is a plus
- 10+ years of dynamic HR experience
- Demonstrated ability leading a team with proven track record of hiring, developing and inspiring high performance teams
- Deep understanding of HR strategies & programs, including but not limited to: executive coaching, employee engagement, DEI, organizational design, compensation, workforce planning, policies & compliance, talent development
- Previous experience in biotech industry supporting a mission-based organization at critical stages of growth & expansion
- Ability to drive organizational change through thought leadership, relationship building, and strong business acumen
- Proven success in a complex, fast paced, and geographically dispersed organizations
- Self-starter who can build programs from the ground up and transform existing processes to meet the constantly evolving needs of the business
- Very professional and personable, discreet, diplomatic, able to build and maintain rapport across all levels of the organization
- A trusted advisor, comfortable giving and receiving feedback at the executive level, ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Outstanding judgement and ability to balance the needs of the company, leaders and employees
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively solve sensitive employee issues
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and statutes
AN2 anticipates that the annual base salary for this position could range from between $255,000 to $280,000 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s credentials for the role, including education, qualifications, and type as well as length of experience. Any offered salary is also based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, and the position’s wage range. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in a performance-based bonus and stock programs, various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, disability, life insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation.
By joining our small, highly dedicated and motivated team, you will experience a culture that is inclusive, supportive, and humble, yet challenging. We set our egos aside to collaborate for the benefit of the team, and most importantly, the patients in need of new therapeutic options. AN2 is a company with a passion for improving global public health. We approach our business using a double bottom line strategy – with the intention of a fiscal and social return - this is reflected in our Core Values and is the foundation of our company’s culture. We employ the industry’s best to create a corporate culture that is fun, humble, respectful, and fulfilling, and where employees feel that they are making a difference and feel inspired to bring their passion to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our open positions are managed through our Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies, in advance of a specified agreement, will not be accepted. Resumes sent directly to our employees or our consultants from recruiting organizations will also not be accepted as referrals and do not obligate us to pay fees.
Please send your resume to careers@AN2Therapeutics.com and include the job title and 1044 number in the subject.